Saturday, November 27, 2010

Splendor Layout Workshop on the Go with a Twist






This pattern is similar to the layout shown in the Splendor Workshop on the Go. However, I changed it up a bit. Instead of having one larger (5X7) picture on the left side, I used 2 smaller (4X6) photos. Then on the left side I expanded the entire layout to utilize the entire 12X12 page, eliminating any white space and using larger 3X3 photos. This isn't my most favorite layout I have ever done and was a little hesitant to even post it to the blog, but then I remembered why I scrapbook in the first place: to chronicle and document our lives. I wanted to show what our life was like in the summer and show off pictures of the kids just playing and having fun in our own backyard. Scrapbooking isn't about the perfect page, layout, embellishments; it is about leaving a lasting legacy of pictures and stories of your lives for others to see and look back upon.


Supplies used in this layout: X7126b Splendor paper, E1010 Large Chocolate Alphabet stamp set,Stamp set from the Splendor Workshop on the Go, topiary ink, goldrush ink, Z1307 Irresistibles Pizazz



No comments:

Post a Comment